Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday night... ba da ba dee ba da ba dee... pretty good week...

Hey hey hey blogosphere,

Things are going pretty well in calorie land.  I'm getting the hang of counting calories on the hacker's diet spreadsheet.  It's taken me a week or two to figure out proper calorie counts.  For the first while, I was sure that I was undercounting, and sure enough, I was.  I'm using Calorie King to figure out calorie counts, but it's just not right for some dishes.

On the low side, my Mr. Pita pockets show up there as around 90 calories, but the bag says 170 calories.  But then, on the high side, the fat-free yogurt cups I eat show up as around 75 calories, and it says 30 calories on the packet.  I usually eat similar stuff, so I'm getting used to it.

Oh, the punishment for eating out or for drinking too much wine!  I like to have a few glasses of wine when I go to the in-laws for dinner, and I'm just not sure it's worth the 500 calories for 4 glasses of wine -- but maybe it is, it just goes down so well.  And 4 pieces of pepperoni pizza at Domino's is 1200 calories, but if I make homemade pizza, it's only 800 calories for 4 pieces.  And my homemade whole wheat pizza is BETTER! 

Counting calories continues to reinforce the fact that making food at home tastes better, and it's better for you.  Even the high calorie dishes at home are better for you than the good stuff when you eat out or order take-in.  It's a great reinforcement, because I love to cook. 

I'll weigh in tomorrow.  Hope it goes well -- I've been exercising like crazy this week, between Wii Fit and an absolutely crazy game of squash on Wednesday.  I was up 2 games to 1, up 8-2 in game 4, and my partner comes back and beats me 10-8 in that game and wins the next one 9-3.  I'll continue to get back in shape and lose some pounds, and then I'll beat him next time I play him.  I know it!

Blog you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment